Turn around and we're strangers,
Turn around and we're friends,
Turn around and we're sisters for ever to be.
How strange it is to be just back from camp and to know that I'm about to just turn around and leave again. Honestly I don't know how to feel. It's like I'm grieving the loss of my camp friends, I'm stressed about the number of things that I still have to do, and yet I have this little spark of excitement that is just waiting to ignite. For some reason I still can't seem to fathom that I'll be leaving for a year in 4 days. I don't know how I'll ever be ready for it. But Mike said to me yesterday, this isn't the kind of thing you can ever really be ready for... you just do it. I feel like I'm about to encounter a big lesson in living in the moment (as if camp hasn't taught that enough). Wherever you go, there you are. So here I go.
Bean Bean! I can't believe you're leaving in 3 days either! I go to sleep and wake up thinking of all the things you need to do, and how I can help you. Mike's right though, you can never be ready for something like this. Mom
ReplyDelete