Friday, June 26, 2009

From the heart of a wooded mountain

The countdown begins... I leave in 23 days. This feels so false to me because I'm cooped up here at camp with no regard for how the real world works or even that it does. My internet hardly works and for me to find out any news (i.e. Michael Jackson's/Farrah's/various other people's deaths) I hear it screeched out of my campers' mouths. We're on session two at camp and I have a whole new set of girls who have essentially taken all of their stored energy from the school year and have dumped it in my lap. But it's a good challenge, managing nine fourteen-year-olds. They're wonderful. 

Well, that's all for me now. I feel like I just have so much to say but at the same time, nothing at all, considering that it all concerns the petty happenings at camp. For example a few weeks ago a snake dropped from the ceiling of the Middler lodge while there was an activity going on (I wasn't there.) Oh, also, I tried to throw pottery on the pottery wheel and had a pretty difficult time. My original idea was to make a mug, but it turned into a bowl, and then a vase, and then a plate, and then a paperweight. I'm working on it :)

I started making friendship bracelets. I'm a machine. 

July is flying by, and the next thing I know I'll be on that plane. Gah! 'Til then....

No comments:

Post a Comment