Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Hello from the States.

Obviously I'm still here and will be until July 31st... But I'll be working at Rockbrook Camp for Girls all summer so I wanted to get this blog up and running before I go off and play with kids for two months. I always told myself that I would never get a blog... I also told myself that I would never be a Spanish major and would never EVER become a teacher. So here I am, knocking out all three in one fell swoop. 

Here's my basic itinerary (so far) for my travels:
July 31st, arrive in Santiago, Chile. Travel to meet host family in Viña del Mar. 
Estudy at la Universidad de Viña del Mar until December 13th
Climb Machu Picchu in Peru
Take a plane, take a train (ah who cares you always end up in the city?) to Mar del Plata, Argentina to spend the Christmas holiday (it'll be Summer!) with the Navesi family (my beloved host family from when I studied at Northern Hills in 2005).
Do SOMETHING (WWOOFing at an organic farm is looking especially promising) from January to March
Teach English as a Second Language in interior Argentina from March to July (this plan is tentative as I'm still in the process of applying.)

So that's the rough plan. I'm sure it'll change exponentially while I'm there. Stay tuned!

1 comment: