Friday, July 2, 2010

Clack-Clack-Clack



Buckling in, gripping onto metal for reality, screaming-- purging a year's supply of emotions. This roller-coaster has almost run it's course. I've been excited, sick to my stomach, scared, exhilarated, inspired, satisfied. The anticipation has been building as I've click-click-clacked up the tracks, up up up to the top of that very last drop. In this lingering moment I can see the end clearly, along with everywhere else that I've been, everyone I've known, looking out over the park. What comes next is that stomach-in-the-throat effect of the final drop at the end of the ride, soon to be followed by the sadness of the ride ending. But mostly, what I expect to feel is the need to turn to someone, to heave a big sigh and say, "Man! That was great!" 




Me and my some of my favorite students (not that we have favorites) on our last day of class.

My classes have ended. I've said my goodbyes to everyone at Gateway. This weekend my host family has graciously offered to take me to Buenos Aires to see me off on my trip home. They're so wonderful. It's sad for me that this blog is ending soon. I want to thank everyone who followed and supported me on my trip. I really appreciated all of the comments and feedbag. United States, here I come!!! Get ready North Carolina!

No comments:

Post a Comment