"9/24/09
I'm supposed to be studying but I can't get the idea that I'm going to miss Christmas off my mind. It's making me cry just thinking about it. I'm going to miss the piney aroma and the happy glow of our Christmas tree. I'm going to miss Mom's search for the perfect candle to make the house smell warm and spicy. I'm going to miss the Christmas carols playing through the house as we scurry around getting ready for a party. I'm going to miss Dad getting dressed up as Santa and coming home with sorties about how the children responded to him. I'm going to miss fighting over who gets to eat the last of Becky West's Christmas toffee. I'm going to miss Bandit and Tollie hating their reindeer antlers. I'm going to miss getting up Christmas morning and crowding into Mom and Dad's bed to open stockings and eat biscotti cookies. I'm going to miss how Haley gets me a The Farside (an old comic strip by Gary Larson) calender every year, and every year I get excited because I love The Farside. I'm going to miss getting presents labeled as "From Santy Clause," wrapped in our same wrapping paper. I'm going to miss hearing "Thank you sweet pea!" or "Sweet bear!!" from my Daddy. I'll miss getting together with the Reisters and Grandma to eat an early dinner. I'll miss the children performing a Christmas ceremony at PUCC and remember how it felt like the big performance of my life back when I used to be involved. I'll miss going to the Warrick's house for Christmas Eve-Eve and being shocked at how big Carter has gotten. I'll miss snuggling with little Pearl for hours reading a book. I'll miss being covered in cat hair. I'll miss Dad's wild hairs about doing things in the Christmas spirit, like baking a LOT of cookies to give to people and then having us eat them all. I really hope I can supplement al that I'll miss with something."
Awwww That's so sweet!
ReplyDelete